28 June 2007

Tomorrow I will wake up in London...

I am leaving my house in San Francisco in about 5 minutes. All of my bags are packed. My parents have the two large duffels with my swim supplies as it is easier for them to bring those in the rental car than it is for me to travel with them on the train to Dover. In my carry on bag I have all of the essentials: swimsuit, cap, goggles, passport. Thank you for all of your support. Your belief in me gives me strength. As soon as I get the chance, I'll post a quick update on life in Dover. The good news is that the forecast calls for rain UNTIL the first day of my tide, July 5th!

Onward to London, and then Dover and then FRANCE!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Jessica-

Have a good time swimming to FRANCE! You do not need good luck, you are too well prepared!

Best wishes,

Kathy W

Jennifer said...

Have a great time! I'll be thinking about you!!!! You ROCK!!!!!

Anonymous said...

This morning I did wake up at my uncle's house in London, I arrived a day before Jessica. I told her yesterday she will have fun going through immigration, as I did yesterday. "What is the reason for your trip?" they ask. When I responded I was here to help one of my closest friends swim across the English Channel I was given a blank stare, followed by "She's going to swim across the whole lot?" Yes, I said. He told me that he was giving me a 10/10 for reasons he had heard that day.

I pick up Heather tomorrow evening, and we join Jessica in Dover on Monday. I just checked her flight...40 minutes late. But it is raining here. We might try to go meet her as she comes out of customs...

RaceToNowhere said...

As they say... it's about the journey, not the destination. Jess, it's been so inspiring to read your stories and to follow you to France! =)